We live in such a digital age that texting has become way more common than talking on the phone. I know personally I would rather send a quick text, than pick up the phone, dial the number and say something that I could of said in a 1 line text message.
Billions of people use social media to interact with family, friends, grow an audience, grow their brand, catch up on the latest gossip, make connections, and much much more. If you are like me and you want to grow your network, here are 5 tips that I recommend. I have some favorite platforms that I use and they include: YouTube, Twitter and Instagram!
Be on several networks/platforms
1. Engaging is so important. You need to get to know your fans/followers on a personal level.
2. Having several networks that you are on opens up many possibilities for collaboration. Make sure and grab your usernames on multiple networks.
3. Posting often helps people know you are there. You can’t post once or twice a month and then fall of the grid for weeks or months on end. Get yourself on a regular posting schedule.
4. Be consistent. Post on days that work for you and make sure your followers know your posting schedule.
For instance: I put out my weekly YouTube videos every Wednesday. I have a consistent schedule for that.
5. Stay true to yourself. Don’t try and be someone or something you are not. If you have curly hair, wear your hair curly, don’t straighten it to look like your competition. Sometimes its fun to mix it up, but be yourself.
Same with your branding. DON’T brand yourself with a name that isn’t your own because someone else came up with a cute phrase to actually put their name in a tag line. All in all….. Just be yourself.
If we are connected please make sure and reach out to me so we can engage often 🙂 and if you are following me and I am not following you back, please be sure and say something so I can connect with you on a more personal level.